The baby products niche is a very competitive one – people become new parents all the time. As someone who wants to succeed in it it is important that you find ways to promote yourself that actually work. Here are some ideas:
• Make use of social media – everyone, even new parents, uses social media. If you can find and engage them there while showing them images of your products you will slowly convert them into leads which you can the convert into sales.
• Use your car as a marketing tool – buy a shade for its back seat window and then have your company name, URL and logo printed on it. Make sure that you have a Baby on Board sticker prominently displayed.
• Go where the parents are – you need to hang out in places like lamaz classes where you can engage soon to be parents when they are relaxed. Talk to the people who manage the classes about putting pamphlets there for soon-to-be parents to pick up.
• Find the best parent magazines and take out an ad. If you have a great story that the magazine can write about let them know – it will give you more publicity and make your brand stronger.
• Find a blogger who also targets parents and make a deal with them – he will promote you to his list and you can do the same for him.
• Ask new customers to refer other parents for a discount or for something special for their baby.
• Attend events where parents meet such as workshops and conferences – they are a great place to get leads from.
Alternatively, you can hire a PR company such as Quite Great! to do your promotions for you. They are a UK based company that have done PR for more than 20 years with great success. Better yet their prices are unparalleled.